Reporting to the Mine Manager, it is essential that the applicant should hold an Advanced Certificate in Mine Environmental and Diploma or Equivalent in Occupational Hygiene with at least five (5) years experience in mine ventilation in an underground mine.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Regularly inspect and test workplaces to ensure:
o adequate ventilation flows
o atmospheric contaminants are as low as can be reasonably achieved
On monthly basis:
o determine and record the quantity and quality of ventilating air in the mine using correct procedures, instruments and equipment
o record primary fan pressure and volume
o update mine ventilation plans
o Produce a monthly report on ventilation & environmental controls
- Operate, calibrate and maintain instrumentation
- Conduct, record and report any atmospheric contaminant sampling requested by an inspector
- Record the wet and dry bulb temperatures of all workplaces where conditions could adversely affect the safety and health of personsSelect and position auxiliary fans, regulators and other controls, ensuring the required volumes of air are provided in workplaces
- Report promptly to the manager any defect or deficiency in the ventilation at the mine or any atmospheric contaminant level in a workplace that exceeds the exposure standard
- Enter, date and sign records in the ventilation log book
- Provide guidance to any technician employed to assist.
Mupane Gold Mining (Pty) Ltd (MGM) is a 100% owned subsidiary of the Canadian TSX
Mupane Gold Mining (Pty) Ltd (MGM) is a 100% owned subsidiary of the Canadian TSX Venture exchange listed company GALANE GOLD LTD, a gold producer and explorer with its operations in the Republic of Botswana.
The Mupane gold mine is located approximately 50 kilometres by road from Francistown in North Eastern of Botswana. In continuous operation since 2005, MGM has recently increased the operational life of mine and exploration activities are on-going to determine if there are further opportunities to develop additional resources.
Closing date and application instructions
Apply in confidence with full CV to: Human Resources Superintendent
Mupane Gold Mine
Or Email: email@example.com
Closing date: 24th March 2017