Job ID: 924
To manage and coordinate the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods.
Key Effectiveness Areas
• Analyses the Sectional area’s financial needs to develop a budget and ensures sufficient financial resources to meet the budget.
• Manages the implementation of receiving processes and procedures to ensure the right quality, quantity and price of goods are received and recorded appropriately.
• Manages and ensures timely receipts of all incoming materials.
• Sets and manages warehousing requirements and standards in order
to optimise utilisation of resources (space and equipment) and allow for safe and secure storage, handling, stacking, issuing and packing of materials.
• Implement systems to monitor and minimise stock shrinkage.
• Develops and communicates dispatch schedules in order to meet customer requirements in the most cost effective way.
• Manages relationships with the business to proactively determine customer requirements in order to ensure uninterrupted supply of materials.
• Manages stock levels by ensuring accurate and timely updates of receipts, issues, transfers, write-offs and other inventory movements as well as coordinating on site specific Materials Requirements Planning in accordance with demand profiles.
• Manages cross border business with regards to external dispatch and ensure cost effective and acquittal of goods returns.
• Manages and coordinates Service Level Agreement, data accuracy, liability and updating consignment files.
• Develops and communicates materials delivery schedules to external and internal customers and monitors compliance in order to ensure seamless and uninterrupted movement of goods.
• Adheres to all corporate governance principles relating to inter-alia purchasing ethics, safety, health and environment policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
• Manages and coordinates the implementation of safety, health and environmental
programmes in area of responsibility.
• Manages subordinates’ key effectiveness areas by setting, monitoring and reviewing performance and taking remedial action as necessary
3 year Diploma in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
3 years post qualification experience in Supply Chain environment of which 1 year should be at a supervisory level.
Closing date and application instructions
Please reference OLDM0000430 in the subject line on both the email
and application letter.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply enclosing a
current curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates, please indicate
the position on the email subject.