Urban and Disaster Risk Management Specialists
The World Bank Group is currently recruiting several urban and Disaster Risk Management (DRM) specialist and senior specialist positions at the Social, Urban, Rural and Resilience Global Practice (SURR), based in Washington DC and several field offices. SURR’s mission is to build sustainable cities and communities.
- Specialists: contribute to/lead lending, technical assistance and policy advisory work in area of expertise.
- Senior Specialists: lead lending, technical assistance and policy advisory work in area of expertise, coordinate country sector activities.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced degree with at least 5 years’ relevant experience for specialists and 8 years’ for senior specialists in one or more of the following areas of specialization:
- Urban: Municipal Finance and Decentralization; Housing, Land, Slum Upgrading; Municipal Infrastructure and Services, Solid Waste; City Competitiveness, Local Economic Development, Urban Regeneration, Cultural Heritage and Sustainable Tourism; Conflict and Urban Service Delivery.
- DRM: Risk assessment and finance; urban resilience; early warning and hydromet services; post-disaster/post-conflict reconstruction and recovery; risk reduction, flood/drought risk management.
- Country office based positions require in-depth knowledge of country and relevant sector issues.
To view all vacancies with their detailed requirements and apply, please go to our website via the Apply button and under “current job openings” seek vacancy numbers 170105 – 170119.
Powered by Jobs Botswana