We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
1) Cook foodstuffs according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, and numbers of portions to be served.
2) Clean and inspect galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
3) Direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
4) Bake breads, rolls, and other pastries.
5) Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, and poultry
6) Apportion and serve food to facility residents, employees, or patrons.
7) Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
8) Ensure that proper procedures are followed.
9) Plan menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
10) Take inventory of supplies and equipment.
11) Train new employees.(if any)
12) Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
• Proven experience as cook
• Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
• Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
• Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
• Ability to work in a team
• Very good communication skills
• Excellent physical condition and stamina
• Diploma in related field or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
Send applications via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15th December 2017