Position Title: Accountant
Job purpose: To carry out the responsibilities of the Finance / Accounting Department with the help of people in management and process cash receipts, credit memos and follow up on collections.
Reports to: Group Financial Controller
Minimum Experience and qualifications
- Must have 2-3 years experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and education
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Excellent accounting software (Pastel) user and administration skills
- Familiarity with credit and debit payments
- General Ledger codes
- Bank and financial background checks
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Excellent work habits
- Responsible for maintaining the accounts
- Reconciling Sales with cashing ups and balancing the same for all receipts- credit card cash deposit to Bank etc.
- Reconciling supplier payments by checking invoices and claims.
- Reconciling Shop P&L reports with Pastel for Sales, Purchases, wastages and Expenses.
- Assist with annual/ monthly /weekly-end reports
- Basic Bookkeeping knowledge
- Responsible for such other duties and assignments which the Company deems appropriate.
Closing Date: 10/08/2017