The Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA) is a newly established parastatal organization that has been established under the Special Economic Zones Act No. 13 of 2015. The organization is mandated to establish, develop and manage Special Economic Zones (SEZs) nationally with a view to creating a conducive environment for domestic investment and foreign direct investment (FDI) to grow and diversify the economy, increase export earnings and also facilitate expansion of employment opportunities.
The position will report to the Director Shared Services and will be responsible for providing financial and management accounting services to the organisation. The Job The position will be responsible for among other things the following:
• Coordinating the budgeting process of the organisation.
• Monitoring expenses against budget, identify variances / discrepancies, investigating root causes and commenting on variances, or discrepancies and preparing management accounts.
• Analyzing and present financial information to ensure that Management make informed business decisions. • Preparing financial statements.
• Processing payroll and ensuring all statutory payments including WHT, VAT, PAYE are paid on time to avoid penalties,
• Managing accounts payable and receivable processes to ensure timely payment of suppliers and timely collections, while minimising queries.
• Maintaining the General Ledger by ensuring accurate and timely posting.
• Performing bank reconciliations.
The right candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, plus a professional accounting qualification such as ACCA/CIMA/CA, or equivalent, in addition to BICA membership.
• Minimum of three (3) years post professional qualification experience in an accounting role.
• Analytical Skills
• Results Orientated
• High Attention to detail.
Apply before : Sat Nov 25, 2017