- Gaborone, Botswana
Contemporary, relaxed and imaginative. Be it a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI Hotels & Resorts provides the right space for guests who value the details that matter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
The Accounts Clerk is responsible for the day to day transactional accounting. The incumbent will be responsible for processing invoice in AccPac. Reconciles supplier accounts, attends to queries relating to invoices and payments, process payments through Barclays Intergrator, process payments on Cashbook, process accrual journal and other month end journals. Checking for payments in the Accounts and allocate payments accordingly. Filing of invoices and paymants receipts. follow up on outstanding invoices for the payments.
The following duties and responsibilities are those considered to be essential but do not represent all job functions that may be required to be performed by this position. Other comparable duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Other Duties & Tasks
- Assist in month-end close processes as needed.
- Assist in year-end close and audit preparation.
- Management of accounting processes
- Attend staff meetings.
- Pull reports and perform ad hoc tasks as needed.
AAT, must have worked in Hospitality industry before and have an experience in using AccPac.
• Preferred candidate must have at least 2 years of clerical experience in general accounting with good foundational knowledge of debits and credits
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (heavy interaction with field offices)
• Ability to multi-task, manage and prioritize workload
• Must be proficient in Excel (knowledge and use of simple formulas and pivot; Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Outlook