Administration of Justice – Temporary Engineer I ( Civil / Structural) (C1)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Botswana citizens for the above post in the Administration of Justice.
Qualifications: To be considered for appointment in this position, candidates must have Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Engineering – Civil Engineering.
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO 31 OF 2017
Salary Scale: C1 (P139 872) per annum
Leave: 30 working days per annum
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years as an Engineer
KEY COMPETENCY AREAS
• Use of design/drafting software
• Project Management
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To undertake designs, supervisory and advisory functions on matters related to civil and structural aspects of the building projects.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
• Updates clients on project progress on expenditure and workmanship periodically.
• Advises clients on client initiated variations of works before and during project life cycle
• Issues out drawings for construction to the contractor and keep a drawing list register
• Inspects, supervises and monitors construction works and reports alteration to the project team.
• Carries out regular site visits to identify discrepancies existing from the site and resolve site issues
• Attends regular briefings with the project team with a view to plan a programme of the work and report workmanship and act on it through instructions to contractor.
• Monitors implementation of projects to ensure timely completion
• Prepares short list of consultants and contractors for consideration by tendering boards.
• Evaluates tenders (Technical and Financial proposals) and recommends to tendering boards.
• Prepares projects progress reports.
Finance and Administration
• Prepares tender documents for design, supervision and constructs
• Process payments for consultants and contractors
• Check consultants’ fee accounts against conditions of their commission
• Queries and resolves discrepancies and recommends accounts for payments
• Controls finance of the project on matters relating to civil/structural aspects
APPLICATIONS: Applicants should quote the number of this Vacancy Circular number and give the following details:
1. Full name, address, date and place of birth.
2. Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae).
3. Certified copies of certificates, Omang and two (2) recent references (less than six months old).
Applications should be addressed to:
Registrar and Master of the High Court,
Private Bag 00220,
Hand Deliver at High Court 1st Floor, Records Office.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: The Human Resources Office @ 3718407, 3718159 or 3718112.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO:
Closing Date: 12 January 2018