To oversee and actively participate in the overall application development for the organisation. Gathering functional and non-functional requirements and translating those into working and effective programming code for use by the business. The incumbent will amend, develop, test, debug and support application development including systems developed by third parties and the addition of new services to ensure that the organisation’s application development needs are met. The position directly reports to the IT Applications Manager.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS QUALIFICATION:
Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent qualification. Software related certifications e.g. Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
At least 4 years’ experience in a high paced Software Development environment having worked at least 2 years without supervision as a software developer/ engineer.
- Operational Processes
- Relational Databases e.g. SQL Server, SQLite, MySQL
- IT Service Management e.g. ITIL, MOF etc.
- Software Development tools and techniques including Design patterns, Test Driven development.
- Software Frameworks
- Source Code Management e.g. GIT, Perforce, Team Foundation
- Project Management
- Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD): C#, VB .NET, HTML5
- Web Programming HTML5, JQuery, Ajax
- Crystal Reports
- SOAP and RESTFul Services
- Windows infrastructure design, implementation and administration
- Enterprise Service Bus e.g. Microsoft BizTalk Mobile Programming Android and iOS SDK USSD Development
- Financials systems implementation and administration e.g. Accpac, IDU Riposte (POS software -Postal specific)
- Disaster Recovery Management e.g. DPM
- People Management and Leadership
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical/ Troubleshooting skills
- Strong organization, management and coordination skills
- Time Management
- Assertive, proactive and decisive
BotswanaPost offers attractive salaries and benefit packages that commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certified copy of ID and academic certificates. Please forward your application to:
Chief Human Capital Officer
P.O. Box 100
All applications must be posted on or before 10th February 2017
NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
P.O. Box 100 Gaborone,
Tel: (+267) 395 3131
Fax: (+267) 391 3599