We are now in search for a very strong and hard working Assistant General Manager for a luxurious 5* game lodge in Botswana, Delta.
The ideal candidate should be VERY strong in Food and Beverage and have strong lodge operational skills.
ASST GENERAL MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the General Manager in his day to day operations.
- Assigns duties to HOD’s and observers performance to ensure adherence to lodge policies and established operating procedures.
- Receives and resolved or assists the General manager in resolving guest complaints and service recovery process.
- Assisting General Manager during Morning meetings or conducts the morning HOD meetings in the absence of General Manager.
- Adheres to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Ensure full compliance to lodge operating controls, SOPs, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Builds owner loyalty through proactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Assist GM in key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Assist General Manager in wage scale surveys and ensures employee wages are followed by the company and industry salary guidelines.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly property inspections.
- Ensures property, grounds, physical plant and work areas maintained to standard.
- Monitor maintenance progress and FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) conditions and provide status report to GM.
- Audits on par stock on all areas to make sure that all required lodge supplies are ordered and stocked in advance of need.
- Performs sudden audits on rooms and other operating areas.
- Provide effective leadership to lodge team members.
- Must be available 24/7 in case to respond to any guest or employee emergencies.
- All Other duties as assigned by the General Manager or Management.
Strong management skills, ability to appropriately assign or delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals. And provide coaching, advice and assistance as required.
Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.
A university degree or diploma in hotel management or a related field with experience in opening, managing or re-positioning a lodge with clear track record. Excellent computer system skills.
At least 5 to 10 years experience in the hospitality industry, with significant luxury and international experience. And at least 3 to 4 years of experience as a Head of the development or Asst. General Manager or Executive assistant manager.
Please only apply if you have the relevant experience. The successful candidate should be very hands on, capable with all aspects of running a lodge and must be a good team player. To apply please forward your updated CV in MS Word format along with details of at least 3 contactable references and a motivational letter supporting your application.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE