REF: 1/6/2 VI 28 FEBRUARY 2017
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO.9 OF 2017 VACANCY: ASSISTANT REGISTRAR
The Judicial Service Commission invites suitably qualified citizens to apply for two (2) positions of Assistant Registrar in the Administration of Justice (1x FRANCISTOWN)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above posts.
SALARY SCALE: E2 (P 325 188 –P338 316) per annum
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
QUALIFICATIONS: LLB degree from University of Botswana (or other rec-
ognized University or Institution).
EXPERIENCE: At least 12 years’ experience in the field of Law. In case
of serving Magistrates, 2 years must have been served as Senior Magistrate.
- Optional contributory medical aid scheme Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%).
- Contributory pension fund scheme Government pays 15% and employee pays 5%.
- 35% scarce skills allowance, which is subject to review from time to time.
- 1% of basic salary as housing allowance
- Robe allowance @ P2517.85 per annum
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Processes hearing of cases and appeals from the magistrate’s courts, Customary Court of Appeal and Land Tribunal.
- Assists in the supervision of High Courts to ensure speedy dispatch of work
- Supervises the registration and allocation of cases, scheduling of hearings, and attendance of witnesses, interpreters and assessors and provides judicial services personnel and facilities.
- Maintains court proceedings and supervises preparation of case records.
- Issues summons, subpoenas, warrants and writs of execution.
- Draws up, signs, seals and files judgments and orders.
- Prepares monthly case statistical returns
- Undertakes any other duties as assigned by Statute or Management
Applicants should quote the number of this Vacancy Circular and give the following details:
1. Full name, address, date and place of birth 2. Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae).
- Certified copies of National identity card (Omang).
- Certified copies of Certificates (Academic and Professional) and names of two (2) referees.
- In case of serving officers, the following information must be provided;
- Date of first appointment, present post, grade and date of appointment thereto.
- Applications should be routed through the Accounting Officer, applications not so routed will not be considered.
- Applicants must furnish at least two (2) recent references confirming their suitability for the position.
Applications should be addressed to: Secretary, Judicial Service Commission, Private Bag 00220, Gaborone OR Hand Deliver at High Court, 1st Floor, Records Office.
For further information contact the Judicial Service Commission Secretariat @ 3718009.
NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 31st March 2017