About Deloitte & Touche Botswana
Deloitte & Touche Botswana is part of the Southern African practice, which includes the geographical area of Botswana, South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Malawi and Zimbabwe. The Botswana practice was established in 1974 and over the past 36 years has developed into one of the largest auditing, accounting and business advisory practices in Botswana.
In Botswana we have a staff complement of 86 people, which includes 6 partners and directors, 68 other professional staff and 18 support staff, and houses audit, tax, consulting and risk advisory service lines.
The firm boasts a ‘blue chip’ client base ranging from large parastatal organisations, large public entities, multi-national corporations (with ultimate holding companies listed on international stock exchanges) and significant owner managed businesses. We provide audit assurance and other advisory services to over one third of the companies on the Botswana Stock Exchange.
About the Audit Manager role
You will join us with the objective of enhancing your own career by working on engagements in a range of different industries in an economy that has proven to be strong through the recent economic slowdown. At the same time you need to be passionate about using your experience to enhance and develop the skills of citizen staff.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of multiple engagements
- Be responsible for all legal, regulatory, and accounting issues that arise during an audit engagement
- Be the first point of contact for your clients and have the responsibility for the management of audit services to clients from the planning, preparation and supervision of staff on engagements to final reporting
- Assist the Partnership in the preparation of the audit strategy and business plans, setting and monitoring budgets, and in scheduling audits.
- Monitoring staff through a variety of audit engagements at clients
- Understand the Firms’ clients intimately in a Country where relationships matter , and to provide innovative and commercially effective professional services and solutions using excellent technical audit knowledge.
You would need to have the following qualifications
- Chartered Accountant / Association of Certified Chartered Accountant qualified
- Member of an Institute of Accountants in home/present country, e.g. ACCA, ICAEW, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, in good standing for at least 2 years
You would need to have the following experience and technical competencies
- You need to be a full member of your home institute and have experience managing audit teams.
- 3+ years of auditing or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Solid experience on financial services clients
You would need to have the following behavioral competencies
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Travel is required in Botswana as some clients are based outside the capital city.