· Duties refrigeration and air conditioning, building, carpentry and general maintenance
· Required to assist in doing preventative maintenance.
· Stock and Tools
· Keep a par stock of spares that will allow you to affect emergency and other repairs efficiently
· Ensure that tools and spares are neatly stored and packed away
· Perform a stock take of tools from time to time and report any shortfalls to the manager.
· Maintain open communication channels with the lodge or operations managers and camp managers
· Hold frequent meetings with camp managers and the operations manager
· Meeting with the other maintenance staff and make sure that good team work exists within the team.
· Ensure that when interacting with guests in the lodge environment that you are well presented, friendly and courteous.
· Responsible for all the maintenance at a Safari Lodge – including plumbing, electrical (domestic)
· Communication skills – with guests and fellow staff members
· Standard of your work must exceed the standard of the lodge
· Hospitality industry
· Valid unendorsed SA driver’s license essential
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Must have at least 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Manager in a similar sized operation
· Must be experienced/qualified in at least one of the following disciplines – Electrical (single and three phase), Refrigeration and Air-conditioning and have some experience in some of the following – Plumbing, Sewage treatment systems, water treatment systems, building and general maintenance.
Transport to/from leave cycles is the successful candidate’s own responsibility