Location: Okovanga, Botswana
Kendrick Recruitment are now seeking a Back of House Manager for a luxury Camp situated in the Okavango Delta, Northern Botswana. We are looking form someone who is proficient and has substantial experience in at least one of the following fields: Painter, Carpenter, Aircon/Refrigeration, Electrical wiring, Plumbing, Diesel Mechanics, Boat Mechanics and Reserve Management.
Responsibilities within this role would include:
- You will assist in all the maintenance at your Lodge – including plumbing, electrical (domestic), refrigeration and air conditioning, building, carpentry and general maintenance.
- You will be responsible for all routine and preventative maintenance.
- You will be responsible for generator Maintenance
- You will be responsible for fleet maintenance
- You will be responsible for road Maintenance
- You will be responsible for annual fire break burning and maintaining of the fire break
- You will be responsible for monitoring of wildlife
- You will endeavor to keep a par stock of spares that will allow you to affect emergency and other repairs efficiently.
- You will ensure that tools and spares are neatly stored and packed away.
- You will perform a stock take of tools monthly and report any shortfalls to the manager.
Key areas of maintenance within the lodge include the following:
- Swimming pools
- Sewage Plant
- Water Treatment Plant
- Store room
- Gas Bottles
- Wet Waste and Rubbish
- Room Maintenance
As well as…
General Office duties
- Human Resources – leave register and other requirements
- Disciplining of staff – non-performance, standard of work etc
- Quality control and monitoring progress
- Control of stock and tools
- Attending of all necessary meetings; i.e. morning, finance, etc
- Administration – “paper work” – allocating of invoices etc
This is a single live in position in Botswana. Salary offered of BWP15,000 (APPROX ZAR20,000). To apply please send your CV, references and profile photo