Bolux Group – Fitter
Bolux Group requires the services of a qualified and experienced FITTER.
Reporting to the Mechanical Foreman, you shall have the responsibility to undertake reactive and preventative Mechanical maintenance work for the Mill, Pasta and Site to ensure that they run efficiently.
• Undertake daily inspection of key machinery as part of the preventative maintenance program.
• Complete job cards and registers as required by legislation and regulations.
• Installation, Stripping and overhauling of plant and machinery
• Maintain compliance with organisational and statutory health and safety policies and procedures in area of operation.
• Study drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings.
• Check fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments
• Set guides, stops and other controls on machining tools, setting up prescribed cutting and shaping tools and dies in machines and presses, and setting controls for textile machines
• Cutting, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines preparing pattern mechanisms to control the operation of textile machines used to spin, weave, knit, sew and tuft fabric
• Diagnose faults and perform operational maintenance of machines, and overhaul and repair mechanical parts and fluid power equipment.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate should have at least five (5) years Experience in a similar position and a National Craft Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical or equivalent relevant Engineering Diploma.
The candidate must also
• have good communication skills
• be self motivated
• pay attention to details
• have the ability to multitask
KINDLY ADDRESS APPLICATIONS TO:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
BOLUX GROUP (PTY) LTD
PRIVATE BAG X01
Closing date: 12th May 2017