Company: Botswana Accountancy Oversight Authority
Reference # BAOA1/2017
Contract Type Contract: 5 Years
Location Gaborone, South East, Botswana
ABOUT BAOA (MANDATE)
The principal objective of the Authority is to provide oversight to the
accounting and auditing profession and promote the standard, quality and credibility of providing financial and non-financial information by entities. Its functions include standard setting, financial/non-financial reporting and audit practice reviews, enforcement of compliance and oversight over the education and training of professional accountants in Botswana.
To direct and oversee audit practice and engagement reviews, standard
setting and financial reporting monitoring activities of Public Interest Entities (PIEs); and ensure compliance and application of local and international accounting, auditing and corporate governance standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Audit, Business/Administration or related qualification.
• Chartered Accountant and member of the Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants (BICA) or any IFAC recognised professional accountancy organisation.
• An MBA from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of 15 years post qualification experience, part of which should have been at least at Senior Manager level in an auditing firm.
• Should be up to date with latest developments in the accounting
profession and the regulation of the profession and highly proficient in
report writing using MS Office programs.
• Experience in a regulatory environment will be an added advantage
Skills and competences
Prospective candidates must possess the following skills and competences:
• Strategic vision and awareness of the external environment.
• Leadership and networking capabilities.
• Strong team leadership and motivational abilities.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards and values.
• Professional work ethic and integrity.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Commitment to lifelong learning and staff mentoring.
Job Closing Date: 31/12/2017