Applications are invited from suitably qualified citizens for the above post tenable in Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development – Tutume Sub- District.
SALARY SCALE: B4 (P33 108-P39 372) per annum
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO.2 OF 2017
REF: MYSC 4/4/32 I (40)
A minimum of Primary School Leaving Examination Certificate and candidates must be in possession of Botswana licenses class B and C with a minimum of two years proven driving experience.
Minimum of two years as Driver III (B5)
20 working days per annum.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide safe efficient and effective transport services at all times and in all circumstances.
1. Drives heavy duty vehicles exceeding 3500kg maximum weight (for non- articulated vehicles) up to 16000kg maximum weight including trailer;
2. Drives all non-articulated buses above 3500kg
3. Performs routine vehicle maintenance, which includes removal and fitment of tyres, washing of vehicles and ensuring that tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.
4. Performs pre-trip inspection and ensures that the vehicle assigned is road worthy
5. Cleans vehicle parking areas
6. Supervises one or more vehicle attendants
7. Ensures proper loading of authorized loads, the security and safety of loads being carried and the safe unloading of their vehicle at destinations.
8. Acts as a Driver in charge when more than one vehicle, but less than five are assigned to a specific duty.
Quote the number of this Vacancy Circular and give the following details:
1. Full name, address, date and place of birth
2. Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae) citing the following:
3. At least two (2) recent references (less than 2 years)
4. In case of serving public officers;
(a) Date of first appointment
(b) Present post and date of appointment there to
5. Certified copies of certificates, licenses and National Identity Card.
All applications should be routed through the Heads of Department. Applications not so routed will not be considered. Only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Principal Programmes Officer I
Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport & Culture Development
P O Box 284
For further information please contact Administration Division at 2987715.
Closing Date: 6th February 2017
Powered by Jobs Botswana