VACANCY: PRINCIPAL HEALTH OFFICER I (ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH)–D2
Applications are invited from all suitably qualified candidates for the above position in the Ministry of Health, Department of Public Health tenable at Ministry Headquarters.
CIRCULAR NO: 6 of 2017
SALARY: D2 (P238, 668-P263, 508) per annum
a) Optional contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government pays 50%, Employee 50%).
b) Contributory Pension Fund (Government pays 15%, Employee 5%).
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
QUALIFICATIONS:Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health, Occupational Health or any related course.
A minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience in a related area, of which two (2) years should have been served at D3 level in the Public Service or equivalent level in a Parastatal or Private Sector Organisation
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To coordinate effective implementation of activities in Environmental and Occupational Health.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
1. Disseminates and interprets Public Health Policies.
2. Conducts Public Health Education through media.
3. Develops Policies, strategies and guidelines in line with set goals and objectives.
4. Develops tools for Monitoring & Evaluation of programmes.
5. Develops plans to facilitate implementation of programmes.
6. Coordinates capacity building initiative.
7. Coordinates and conducts operational research studies on Environmental and Occupational Health issues.
8. Coordinates the development, implementation and monitoring ofpolicies.
9. Provide leadership and guidance in the formulation andimplementation of divisional plans and strategies.
10. Undertakes any other related duties as be assigned byManagement.
• Managing vision and purpose
• Building effective Teams
• Drive for Results
Quote the number of this Vacancy Circular and provide the following details:
a) Full name, address and place of birth,
b) Brief summary of career duties (Curriculum Vitae),
c) Certified copies of certificates (academic), current references (not more than 6 months) and Identity.
d) In case of Serving Public Officers/Mission Hospitals’ employees.
(i) Date of first appointment,
(ii) Present post and date of appointment thereto.
Applications should be addressed to: –
PERMANENT SECRETARY Hand delivered to:
MINISTRY OF HEALTH OR Ministry of Health Headquarters
P/BAG 0038 Office 8A21
IMPORTANT: All applications from serving Public Officers must be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates would be responded to.
Closing date: 3rd March 2017
For further information contact: Human Resource Management Unit on Tel: 3632732/3632828
Powered by Jobs Botswana