VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
DIRECTOR: PROCUREMENT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Office of the President invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for post of Director: Procurement and Project Management.
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 2 OF 2017
REF NO: OP 7/72/10 XII (97)
SALARY SCALE: E1 (P381, 816- P397, 260) per annum
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
BENEFITS: i) Optional contributory medical aid scheme with the Botswana Public Officers’ Medical Aid Scheme (BPOMAS) – Government.
pays 50% and employee pays 50%)
Government will also contribute 50% of the medical aid cover
for individuals who are already members of a different
Medical Aid Scheme other than the BPOMAS.
ii) A contract of 24 to 36 months, with gratuity at the rate of 30% payable upon expiry of contract.
To be considered for appointment, applicants must have at least a Degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistic/Project Management, or any related field.
Applicants should have 16 years relevant work experience of which at least two (2) years should have been at E2 salary scale or equivalent in a Parastal/Private Sector.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide strategic leadership and guidance on the execution of projects, procurement services, facilities management and contract management, as well as asset disposal at the Ministry and independent department level in a timely and most cost effective manner.
• Liaise with Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Board, Ministerial Tender Committee, and Ministry of Finance and Development Planning, other relevant procurement structures, other Ministries/Departments and oversight bodies as may be necessary for successful delivery of procurement.
• Provide professional leadership in negotiations with bidders/contractors to facilitate effective delivery of procurement services.
• Oversee the development of contracts with contractors.
• Align/endorse contractor selection to procurement policy and strategy of government of Botswana and reviews the list of contractors based on their performance.
• Facilitates contractors and Ministry/Departments.
• Develops the procurement and project management strategy in line with the relevant laws, policies and regulations and facilitates its implementation.
• Oversees the examination and development of estimates of material, equipment and service requirement.
• Coordinates the development and implementation of procurement and project management and programmes,
• Oversees the development and maintenance of a database of approved suppliers and evaluates supply capabilities and contractor performance.
• Provides advisory support to all Departments/Divisions in the Ministry on all procurement.
• Monitors and evaluate the performance level of the procurement unit as well as benchmark with other PUs or the private sector where necessary
• Supervises the maintenance of adequate stock control and replenishments systems in the PU’s central and subsidiary warehouses and related disposal activities of assets and obsolete non-serviceable inventory items.
• Coordinates the preparation of the procurement Unit budget.
• Oversees and coordinates the utilization of the Ministry funds.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Analytical and Strategic Thinking
• Deciding and Initiating Action
• Team work and Partnering
• Communicating effectively
• Planning and Execution
• Supervision and Accountability
• Innovating and drive change
• Delivering Quality Service
Applicants should quote the number of this vacancy circular and provide the following details;
• Full names, address, date and place of birth
• Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae)
• Certified true copies of certificates and National Identity Card
• Two (2) copies of recent work related references (not more than six (6) months old)
• In case of serving officers;
i) Date of appointment
ii) Present post, scale and date of appointment thereto.
• In case of candidates from parastatals and private sector organisations, please provide statement of salary or pay.
All applications from serving Public Officers must be routed through their respective Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Applications should be addressed to;
Permanent Secretary to the President
Office of the President,
Private Bag 001, GABORONE
Or hand deliver at Office of the President, Records Management Office No.005
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. CLOSING DATE: 23 February 2017
For any enquiries please contact 3950929 or 3950906
Powered by Jobs Botswana