Closing date: 09 Dec 2016
Chemonics seeks a HIV/AIDS test and treat scale-up project manager for USAID's Global Health Supply Chain — Procurement and Supply Management Project (GHSC-PSM). GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and provides health commodities, offers technical assistance to improve partner countries' supply chain management, and collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee initial scale-up project implementation, including the procurement, warehousing, and distribution of antiretroviral drugs to health facilities in Botswana
- Ensure global best practices are implemented by utilizing select private-sector approaches to provide a secure, transparent, and reliable supply chain with end-to-end visibility from the port of entry to the patient
- Work closely with Botswana's Ministry of Health and central medical stores to jointly learn and leverage implementation lessons from the scale-up pilot to ensure a smooth transition to the government at the end of the project
- Master's degree in public health, supply chain management, or related field
- At least 10 years' work experience in pharmaceutical supply chain management, including at least five years' experience managing high-value projects, including budget oversight
- Experience working on USAID or donor-funded projects preferred
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with multiple stakeholders (including USAID, consultants, health ministries, and international organizations) in capacity-building efforts
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Willingness to travel throughout Botswana as requested
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English required
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions including your CV and cover letter (if applicable) with "HIV/AIDS Test and Treat Scale-Up Project Manager" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 9, 2016. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.