BOTSWANA OPEN UNIVERSITY VACANCIES
The Botswana Open University requires qualified and duty conscious Part Time Tutors for the following subjects for JC and BGCSE Programmes.
1.Junior Certificate Education
IV. Integrated Science
V. Religious Education
VI. Moral Education
VII. Social Studies
VIII. Commerce and Office Procedures
IX. Commerce and Accounting
X. Private Agriculture
2.BOTSWANA GENERAL CERTIFICATE IN SECONDARY
IV. Human and Social Biology
V. Single Science
VIII. Business Studies
IX. Development Studies
The programmes are offered at Francistown, Gaborone, Palapye, Kang and Maun Regional Centres.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications:
1. A Diploma in Secondary Education for Junior Certificate Subjects
2. A Bachelor’s Degree qualification for Botswana General Certificate in Secondary Education subject
3. Retired Teachers and the Unemployed Graduates are strongly encouraged to apply
4. Possession of a teaching qualification
5. Serving part-time tutors for JC & BGCSE are required to indicate their interest to renew their contracts
• Prepare and deliver tutorials in accordance with specified dquality standards and guidelines.
• Respond to subject related queries raised by learners through different means of communication .
• Mark assignments and provide feedback
• Compile students assignment marks for tracking student performance
• Assist in setting, invigilations and marking examinations.
• Keep records of learner attendance,learner progress and any other relevant records
• Provide guidance and counselling to learner
BOU pays competitive hourly rates for tutorials and marking of examinations and assignments. Applicants should indicate the Region and Learning Centre they want to be appointed at. The following are to be attached: a recent CV, certified copies of relevant academic certificates and transcripts, identification document and work permit (for expatriates). Two references should accompany the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
Private Bag F32 Francistown
Private Bag BO 349 Bontleng,
Private Bag 005
Private Bag 0394
Private Bag 006
CLOSING DATE 30 JANUARY 2018
SOURCE:BOTSWANA OPEN UNIVERSITY WEBSITE