Closing date: 04 Nov 2016
Chemonics seeks an outsourcing project advisor for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management Program in Botswana. The program works to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of U.S. government-funded public health initiatives around the world. It provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, the President's Malaria Initiative, and Population and Reproductive Health Initiative. The program will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening within a comprehensive supply chain. This position is based in Gaborone and has an anticipated tenure of one year. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Health, Central Medical Stores, and the Public Enterprises Evaluation and Privatization Agency to establish a new contract for outsourced warehousing and distribution operations, complying with the scope as agreed upon by all stakeholders and documented in the Project Charter
- Build and maintain strong working relations with the Ministry of Health management and other key partners by providing strategic advice and assistance during tender preparation and pre-contract award
- Provide technical assistance to the Transition Team during the post-contract period, including guidance to resolve startup supply chain issues; advice to establish procedures for contract management such as technical, administrative, and financial components; and reporting on project risks
- Masters' degree in public administration, business, supply chain management, health administration, law, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in procurement and contract management with country systems legal frameworks in a diverse range of international countries
- Minimum five years of work experience managing high value projects including budget oversight
- Management and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience working on a USAID or other donor project preferred
- Ability to contribute to capacity building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English required
How to apply:
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 4, 2016. Please include “Outsourcing project director” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only "Outsourcing project director” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.