TechnoServe is a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. With more than four decades of proven results, TechnoServe believes in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
STRYDE stands for Strengthening Rural Youth Development through Enterprise, a youth enterprise program designed to enable youth aged 18 to 35 to have more successful transition to economically independent adulthood, increasing their opportunity ,ability and motivation to engage in income generating activities
• Have a BGCSE certificate at minimum. A tertiary certificate in Business Admin, Finance Marketing or other relevant area will be an added value.
• Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in business administration, business development, finance and or marketing
• Private sector experience and deep knowledge of Botswana’s business environment.
• Able to conduct youth training at least 12 to 14 days/month and follow up 6 months of aftercare to 100 youth
• Have excellent interpersonal ,oral and written communication skills.
• Fluent in both English and Setswana is a must
• Experience in mentoring and/or youth business training preferred.
• Proven ability to develop and evaluate business plans
• Proven interest in youth empowerment and development
• Proven experience in volunteering , youth leadership and advocacy
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Computer skills in MS Word, Excel and powerpoint required.
LOCATION AND REMUNERATION
The position is based in Orapa ZOI (Zone of Influence) and Jwaneng with limited travel. TechnoServe offers a competitive market related package, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Self-motivated, dynamic and suitably qualified qualified candidates are invited to apply for the position.
To express interest in the Business Counsellor positions , please send cover letter detailing how your knowledge, skills and abilities are a direct match for the qualifications listed; a curriculum vitae which includes names and contacts of at least three (3) professional referees; and salary history not later than December 4th to =>email@example.com or hand deliver to: Tokafala , Third Floor, Standard House, Main Mall
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED