africapractice is a pan-African strategy and communications consulting firm whose clients are some of the largest and most successful companies, investors, public sector organisations and foundations in Africa today. With assignments in 40+ African countries and a 90+ strong consulting team in eight country offices, africapractice works to be the the single most catalytic private sector actor in the transformation and promotion of Africa, supplying high impact and high value analysis, strategy and engagement solutions to progressive and ambitious leaders.
This position supports the Growth & Market Director and the teams across the group in their sales efforts and serves as the custodian of the group’s value propositions to clients, including collaterals and website content. Key deliverables include: development of value propositions and detailed proposals, management of the lead pipeline and environment scanning.
- Develop assets to support the lead generation of africapractice
- Oversee the sales pipeline, ensuring that the business has adequate leads to conversion ratio
- Ensure that the G&M Podio space is updated and that all relevant resources (value propositions, project references, CVs, draft proposals etc.) are online, up to date and in suitable format and condition
- Develop/support/oversee the development of (as relevant) value propositions and the structuring of proposals and coordinate the implementation of the Proposal Workflow, by nominating someone from the G&M team to oversee the development of proposals and by ensuring that relevant information is provided to those working on proposals
- Support the Client Services Leads in producing collaterals to manage the relationship with clients, such as welcome emails, customer spaces and customer satisfaction surveys
- Support and coordinate the development of industry value propositions and key messaging
- Initiate and oversee the development of intelligence & analysis (I&A) based value proposition collaterals, such as maps indicating regulatory trends for specific sectors, media landscape maps etc., based on existing I&A or new, targeted I&A efforts
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Proven sales track record
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in any of the following: business development in the consulting industry or the development aid space
- Demonstrated interest in africapractice’s business and in understanding and working with the regulatory and political space in Africa
- Good familiarity with the consulting industry and good understanding of the competitive landscape
- Good familiarity with the development aid space a particular advantage
- Demonstrated experience with preparing business proposals that are concise in their language, emphasise the competitive advantage and meet the often meticulous requirements of the addressee
- Knowledge of the mining and infrastructure space an additional advantage
- An entrepreneurial mind, conscious of business and costing sensitivities
- Excellent verbal and written communication; ability to write clearly, concisely and authoritatively to tight deadlines
- A self-starter, able to work on their own initiative on complex issues
- Ability to cultivate strong trust-based relationships with people at all levels within the organisation, client organisations and the wider business and political landscape
Closing Date: Sunday 10 December 2017.