City : Gaborone, Botswana
Work Experience : 5+ years
Salary : Based on Experience
The Wentzel group of Spar’s are looking for an experience Butchery Manager to oversee each of our Butcheries. We currently have 5 Butcheries, one in each Spar.
- Food Safety training and housekeeping
- Management skills
- Customer Service
- Inventory control
- Meat cutting skills
- Detailed knowledge of butchery retail cuts, value added products and all species processed in a retail butchery
- Knowledge on controls and cold chain principles and ideal temperatures for storing meat products
- Accurate Production planning to maintain ideal stock levels of unprocessed stock and retail cuts
- Skilled Meat cutting techniques to minimize waste
- Knowledge of Cooking techniques and methods for meat preparation and serving
- Knowledge of Quality indicators when examining products for purchase and retail sale
- Implement Daily production plans
- Ensure counters are filled before trading start (0800hrs)
- Ensure correct products in correct quantities available at the correct time of day
- Ensure equipment is used correctly and safely according to manufacturer’s recommendations
- Ensure cutting losses are minimized and evaluated via the block tests
- Cut a variety of all meat species into retail cuts
- Produce a range of butchery byproducts including minces and sausages etc.
- Control stock
- Ensure all stock is rotated on a continual basis in all areas of the butchery
- Limit the loss potential by effectively reworking rewraps
- Monitor meat temperatures of all meat received and to be maintained between 0-5degrees at all times
- Maintain standards of product presentations as set out by your butchery manager
- Conduct spot checks on the range and presentation of all retail displays to ensure standards are being maintained
- POS and Pricing
- Conduct spot checks on scales to ensure they are correctly calibrated
- Ensure correct scale labels are used for the correct products with the correct sell by dates and cooking instructions
- Conduct spot checks to ensure that all prices and POS is being maintained
- Ensure the correct packaging is used for specific products
- Hygiene & Housekeeping
- Ensure All equipment is cleaned and sanitized at the end of each shift using suitable cleaning agents
- Ensure All facilities used are cleaned and sanitized at the end of each shift
- Ensure Cold room are cleaned prior to each delivery and stock is rotated
- Ensure Freezers are cleaned once per month and stock is rotated
- Ensure knives, saws and other equipment are cleaned and sanitized daily and sharpened regularly
- Ensure Cleaning schedules are implemented according to the butchery manager’s requirements
- Ensure you implement clean as you go all the time
- Ensure that the right color coding is used and stock is available
- Ensure that all temperatures for fridges are taken daily
- Ensure that all stock is elevated from the floor in could rooms and deep freezers.
- Follow systems used to ensure that all customer orders are produced to quality standards in the correct time
- Develop customer relationships with all your regular customers
- Make sure that customers gets what he wants when he wants it and how he wants it.
- Keep customers returning by satisfying them.
This position is available to Citizen’s and Non-Citizen’s, as a sign of professionalism only apply if you have more than 5 Years experience as a Butchery Supervisor or Manager. Applicant must be willing to move and live in Gaborone, Botswana.
Please attached all certificates as well as references.
Application closes 31.01.2018