Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above position.
Reporting to the Procurement Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for the definition of and the implementation of strategy and resources to optimize Procurement operations.
The main duties include but are not limited to
- Ensure the adherence to lead times by expediting orders
- Evaluate core suppliers, ensure that our core business products (scratch card, sim cards, handsets) are ordered and delivered on time
- Record savings and share information received is with the Group
- Ensure that all orders delivered under the domain are received in Nav, make follow up for suppliers payments through accounts/treasury, in order to build a stronger relationship with suppliers
- Prepare purchase request in the form of recommendations to the sourcing committee for consideration and approval, normally for values above 50k
- Act as an interface between Departments and suppliers, through negotiating better deals
- Liaise with commercial Departments on their request
- Upload the suppliers and items in the system for procurement process and payment to take place
- Ensure the adherence to the procurement policy by all relevant Departments
- Negotiate better deals with suppliers and ensure that all request conform to specificity and delivery done on time (supplier relationship)
- Ensure that anything procured falls within the budget in case of waiver to some requests, communication be done through the sourcing committee
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Supply Chain Management/Logistics/Sourcing or CIPS Level 6.
- 5 years of experience in Logistics and Supply Chain activities
- Good knowledge of Procurement Operations and Management
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Good analytical skills
- Time management
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 07th December 2016
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.
Powered by Jobs Botswana