PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Reporting to the Project Controls Manager the incumbent will provide an accounting service to the business managing the capital process and fixed asset control.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide a project support function to the Project team;
- Implement corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls;
- Track and manage key business drivers;
- Offer professional judgement on financial matters, advising on ways of improving business performance;
- Assist management to prepare financial projections within defined parameters;
- Assist in preparing monthly management and financial reporting, utilising the business system;
- Analyse and understand cost trends and business drivers;
- Maintain capital budgets and capital project short term forecasts;
- Prepare depreciation and balance sheet information and supporting commentary and analysis for the business accounting teams as required;
- Review and explain variances on capital items to support project reporting;
- Provide ad hoc business financial analysis support for projects; and
- Ensure capital projects and capitalisation is reported and actioned within agreed service level timetables.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Accounting Degree;
- A minimum of 10 years accounting, compliance in IFRS and tax computation preferably in the mining industry;
- Have in-depth knowledge of IFRS and its application in a mining and exploration environment;
- Self-driven, motivated and able to work independently;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; and
- Must be in possession of a valid Class B Driver’s License.