VACANCY: CHIEF ADMINISTRATION OFFICER I (1 POST)
The Ministry of Nationality, Immigration and Gender Affairs exists to safeguard national identity, facilitate movement across borders, regulating work and residence permits, registration of societies and coordinating gender mainstreaming by promoting equality.
Applications are invited from highly talented, proactive, innovative, well experienced and self-driven citizens of Botswana for the following vacant positions:
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 9 OF 2017
SALARY SCALE: D3 (P215, 868- P238, 320) per annum
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
i) Optional contributory medical aid scheme with the Botswana
Public Officers’ Medical Aid Scheme (BPOMAS)- Government.
pays 50% and employee pays 50%)
ii) Contributory Pension Scheme (Government pays 15% and
To be considered for appointment, applicants must have at least a Diploma or Degree in Human Resource Management or Public Administration or equivalent.
Applicants should have a minimum of eight years (8) years relevant work experience, of which two (2) years which should have been at D4 in Government or equivalent in parastatals or private sector.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To oversee, coordinate and execute administrative, Human Resource Management and Financial Management related functions.
• Interprets administrative and human resource management policies, regulations, directives and provides advice to customers.
• Facilitates recruitment related processes.
• Investigates and makes recommendations on disciplinary cases.
• Investigates and addresses staff welfare matters.
• Updates human resource records electronically and manually.
• Prepares monthly and quarterly reports.
• Supervises, mentors, coaches and manages performance of supervisees.
• Monitors compliance to set customers.
• Decision Quality
• Time Management
• Managerial Courage
• Drive for Results
• Written communication
• Customer Focus
• Building Effective Teams
• Ethic and Values
1. Applicants should quote the reference number and the vacancy circular number of the post applied for and give the following details:
a. Full name, address and place of birth
b. Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae)
c. Certified copies of academic and professional certificates, and National Identity Card (Omang).
d. At least two (2) recent work related references.
e. In case of serving Public Officers;
i. Date of first appointment.
ii. Present post, scale and date of appointment thereto.
2. In the case of serving Public Officers, their applications must be routed through their Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
3. Applications should be addressed to: Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Nationality, Immigration and Gender Affairs, Private Bag 002, Gaborone, or hand delivered to the Ministry of Nationality, Immigration and Gender Affairs, Records Management Unit, 2nd Floor, Block 8 Government Enclave.
4. E-mailed or faxed applications will not be accepted nor considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be entered into correspondence with.
CLOSING DATE: 10th November 2017
For further information please contact: Telephone Nos: 3611255/3611240.