A Unique Opportunity exists for an exceptional, internationally recognised Economic Investment Specialist
Botswana’s rapid economic advancement from one of the poorest nations on earth in 1966 to an upper middle- income country, was simply the start of the economic transformation of the country which is today internationally recognised for its economic and political stability. This economic transformation is continuing, with the establishment of the Special Economic Zones Authority (SEZA), a state owned authority that will lead in the development, marketing and monitoring of designated Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
The Board of SEZA is looking to recommend for appointment, its first CEO to lead this new entity. This is a unique opportunity to shape and direct an organisation destined to continue the transformation of the Botswana economy.
The role requires a visionary leader, a dynamic business strategist and a highly motivated negotiator who can lead a team to execute on the SEZA mandate of:
- Achieving national priorities of sustainable economic diversification and job creation through the Special Economic Zones programme
- Developing and executing a well-defined strategy for SEZ implementation including the adoption of the most appropriate SEZ model for Botswana
- Using significant experience, leading the business attraction and retention efforts for the SEZ’s
- Playing a critical role in the alignment of key stakeholders in achieving the SEZA mandate
Minimum Education or Qualifications:
An appropriate Master’s degree with a specialisation in Economics, Business Administration, International Investment and Promotion, Enterprise Development Trade or a related field.
- An inspiring and visionary business leader
- Personal access to C-suite executives across large international organisations
- A recognised leader in the SEZ field
- Outstanding business acumen
- Exceptional negotiating experience
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least 20 years investment promotion and economic development
- 8 year of senior leadership experience including international experience working with key decision makers, and leading and motivating mixed professional teams
Deloitte Consulting will be providing support to the recruitment process. Electronic submissions together with a copy of the applicant’s latest CV should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday, 11 December, 2017