Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive is responsible for:
Ensuring that the Authority functions effectively within the requirements of the Act by providing strong leadership and creating an environment conducive for the development and growth of the sector in order to facilitate Botswana’s economic diversification drive and invariably contributing to the country’s economic growth.
Key deliverables and objectives include:
- creating an enabling environment to facilitate growth of the ICT sector
- acting as an agent for change to ensure that BOCRA plays a meaningful role in ensuring that Botswana is among the leading countries in this sector
- leads in the development of operational systems, standards, processes and procedures to facilitate compliance with the Act
- leads the executive team to develop and implement strategic goals, stakeholder engagement and management and ensuring an engaged, committed and productive workforce.
Requirements, Education and Experience
To be considered for the role you will have demonstrated:
- Exceptional leadership qualities throughout your career
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the industry and regulatory environment
- Be an exceptional negotiator with good relationship, networking and stakeholder management skills.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Law, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or other related disciplines is required
- At least 10 years relevant experience, 5 years of which must have been at executive management level.
If this opportunity is of interest to you and wish to apply, please visit www.hrmc.co.bw to apply and view the full job profile.
Closing date for applications is 28 April 2017