Choppies Enterprises requires the services of the following professional:
From 1993, Choppies embarked on a great expansion drive, with new stores being opened in the greater Gaborone periphery. The expansion also moved to highly populated geographical areas of Botswana. In 2008, Choppies introduced its footprint into South Africa opening a store in Zeerust North West. Our focal point of operation in South Africa is North West. As part of our expansion drive, 2013 saw Choppies move into Zimbabwe where most of the Choppies stores were acquisitions of the existing Spar network. The first distribution centre in South Africa was opened in 2014 and located in Rustenburg. It was found to be an ideal point as we intend to supply to all stores within a 500km radius.
This is a role for a qualified Accountant that has been created due to the rapid expansion the Group following recent acquisitions. The individual will have responsibility for the Group’s consolidated management accounts, budgets, internal Audits and forecasts
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly Group management accounts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for head office companies.
- Involvement in budgeting and forecasting process
- Prepares balance sheet and cash flow, and forecast modeling
- Review of client contracts and proposals, including pricing
- Close liaison with divisional account managers to resolve issues
- Regular overseas visits to understand territory results, budgeting and forecasting and controls reviews
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Degree in Accounting or its equivalent with 6 years of post-working experience.
- Highly numeric/strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced level spreadsheet skills and PC literacy.
- Ability to work well under pressure, working accurately with attention to detail, and meeting deadlines
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to be flexible.
Note: salary and benefits commensurate with the current market.
The qualified individual should forward their applications & CV’s to the following address no later than the 20th February 2017
The General Manager-Human Resource
Choppies Group of Companies
Private Bag 00278