This post is open only to nationals of Botswana
Under the direct guidance and supervision of the UNFPA Assistant Representative, the National Programme Analyst-Information Communications plays a leadership role in internal and external communication for UNFPA.
The incumbent will work in close cooperation with the country office programme staff, the UN system (including the UN Communications Group), government counterparts, development partners, civil society organizations (including cultural and faith-based organizations) and the media to ensure internal and external flow of communication and information. He/she will be responsible for managing UNFPA’s communication activities in the areas of media relations, public information management, internal communications and digital communications.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Advanced university degree in Political Science, Media Studies, Communication, Public Relations, and other communications related fields.
- Good knowledge of media and public relations.
- At least five years of increasingly responsible experience in communications.
- Excellent oral, written communications and editing skills in English.
- An understanding of the UN system in general, and especially UNFPA mandate, and operations.
- Good knowledge of current development issues in Botswana.
- Good understanding of Botswana culture, history and political contexts.
- Good with communications approaches for planning, executing, and monitoring communications strategies.
- Experience as a spokesperson for an international organization will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer/information systems skills.
We are no longer accepting applications for this position.