Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting directly to the Manager Communications and Stakeholder Relations, the Officer is responsible for the provision of creating the communication and media plans, implementing communication/marketing activities, tracking and analysing performance while ensuring that the overall branding and communication objective of HRDC are met.
- Assist the Manager in the development and review of HRDC’s policy, strategy and plan for PR, Communication, marketing and branding.
- Supervision of external specialists in developing the brand identity and corporate identity standards for HRDC
- Handling of media relations and serving as a spokesperson with media and other key external audiences.
- Initiating contact and liaising with media partners to promote publicity for HRDC and to secure media coverage for HRDC’s activities.
- Provision of inputs to the drafting of speeches for HRDC and submit to head for approval.
- Developing media materials, press releases and statements, and submit for approval.
- Responding to general correspondences relating to HRDC’s marketing and communication activities and drafting responses.
- Coordinating the design and placement of HRDC’s corporate advertising in the media.
- Knowledge of the HRD sector in Botswana.
- Knowledge of outsourcing and tendering principles and procedures
- Knowledge of the design of communication and marketing materials, media and public relations and the use of website strategies to promote and disseminate information
- Decisiveness and assertiveness Communication, influence, impact Service oriented and client focus Teamwork and interpersonal skills
Qualifications: At least a Degree in a Communication/PR/Marketing from a recognised institution acceptable to HRDC.
Experience: A minimum of 7 years’ experience in public relations, communications, media, advertising or a customer relationship management role. Exposure to similar functions in an HRD environment would be an advantage.
Method of Application
Applications quoting the post being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three referees, one of whom should be an employer/most recent employer and/or immediate supervisor (including their telephone numbers and e-mail address where applicable), true and certified copies of educational/Professional certificates and transcripts, and references must be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Human Resources Development Council
Private Bag BR 108, Gaborone
Contact Telephone Number: 3930741
Or email to: HYPERLINK “mailto:email@example.com” firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for all adverts: 3rd February 2017