200 seater Buffet Restaurant ;
Our concept restaurant features indigenous and rich flavours of Africa. Offering choice of English or Continental breakfast, buffet lunch and buffet dinners as well as dinner cruises on the River with all buffets offering a wide variety of dishes, from exotic game meats, roasts, barbecues, stir-fries and many other cuisines.
90 seater a ‘la carte Restaurant
This restaurant offers a choice of English or Continental breakfast, a ’la carte terrace lunch and a ‘la carte dinner. Lodge is also used to host a variety of functions; weddings, incentive groups and specialized functions etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage both Kitchens whilst adhering to the Company’s policies and policies
- Responsible for hiring, training, and supervision of the work of management staff in the food production area.
- Plan menu’s with the Food & Beverage Managers for the various lodges considering: guests needs, current trends, popularity of various dishes, location of lodges, holidays, availability of food items, cost and establishing menu selling prices.
- Scheduling the work of Kitchen Management, Brigade and other kitchen employees to assure that the food preparation is economically correct.
- Ensure that duty rosters of all are well planned, ahead and adhered to daily, and that overtime is strictly controlled, authorized prior to any such overtime taking place and kept to the minimum.
- All overtime worked must be signed off by the Head of Department daily
- Establish controls to minimize costs, theft and wastage.
- Ensure that all areas under direct control comply with the most stringent hygiene requirements and that ill or injured employees receive the correct treatment.
- Safeguard all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation, accident prevention principles.
- Develop recipes as well as techniques for food preparation plus presentation which help to insure consistent high quality to minimize food costs, exercise portion control over all items served.
- Prepare all necessary information for budgets; project annual food and labour costs, monitor actual financial results; take corrective action where necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Consult with Management about food production for special events happening.
- Evaluate food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Manage the complex employee meal program; maintaining the purchase order system, issuing of meal tickets per department, consolidating tickets used monthly.
- Obtain the best value of food items at the lowest price consistent with established quality standards delivery schedules.
- Maintain files with vendors stock items, catalogs and price sheets.
- Meet with various Vendors to keep abreast of the what is available
- Keep informed about current laws (border closures etc) rules and regulations affecting purchasing.
- Handle communications concerning shipment, shortages and price changes
- Determine necessary stock levels to provide adequate food as well as supplies to minimize stock holding.
- Conduct regular Health and Safety inspections to ensure that the Company and statutory hygiene standards and requirements are maintained, and to report any defect to the General Managers.
- May be called upon to perform other duties within the hotel or group comparable with above as they only describe the typical primary features of the job
- Continuously arrange on the job training to enable delegation of duties to staff
- Ensure that all departments are staffed with the required caliber and number of personnel: that they are trained, motivated and developed to meet their current accountability and for future promotion possibilities.
- Timeously respond and follow up grievances of subordinates
- Monitor the work- performance and behavior of subordinates and initiate the necessary action to maintain acceptable work performance
- Ensure that Staff adheres to the prescribed dress code to comply with the statutory requirements as well as enhancing the image of the lodge.
- Ensure that staff, including yourself is fully aware of the Company’s Policies and Procedures and how they are used.
- Ensure that Company’s Conditions and Standards are made known to the employees under your control by ensuring that up-to-date copies are available to them.
- Promote team spirit and lead by example.
- To hold regular staff meetings, with the purpose of encouraging 2 way communication
A). You will be reporting to the General Managers;
B). Salary R28,000 – R 33,000.
C). The operational function works a basic 6 day week with 1 off day and an 8 hour day. However, at your level, we expect you to work to the requirements of the job.
* Staff house account of BWP 500.00 per month
* Water and Lights
All the above are taxed according to the government tax regulations
E). 18 leave days for 1st year of service, 24 days thereafter.
F). We will contribute 50% of your costs towards the Botswana Medical Aid Society’s subscription.