The overall objective is to design or adapt a user friendly, robust, reliable, centralized and sustainable Nutrition Information System (NIS) model that captures information at health facility level with accessibility at District Health and National level to generate aggregate nutrition reports.
The NIS should help the Ministry of Health & Wellness (MoHW) ability to:
- Improve targeting of interventions to reduce/address malnutrition
- Enable the setting of thresholds to trigger specific actions in response to changes in nutritional status from individual child level to national level
- Enable the Ministry to monitor the effectiveness of nutrition interventions being implemented
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant will be supervised by the Chief of Nutrition & Food Control Division, MoHW and Health & Nutrition Specialist for UNICEF Botswana. The entirety of the consultant’s work will be carried out in collaboration with the Nutrition Taskforce led by the MoHW with representation from UNICEF and Research Institutions as may be deemed appropriate
The consultancy will cover three work phases:
- Phase I – Design the methodology for the new NIS, review of tools, develop NIS training module for users and provide technical assistance to software developer;
- Phase II – Support Pilot of new NIS; and
- Phase III – Evaluation of Implementation of new NIS, lessons learned and elaboration of roll out plan
Refer to attached ToRs for details.
The system will direct you to “How to Apply” page. Should you have any challenges with application, please contact email@example.com.
Closing date for the application is 27th October 2017