University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) in Botswana is advertising for the following position to support its work in the country and invites all qualified candidates to apply:
Position: Continuous Quality Improvement Specialist
Reports to: Director of Training, Mentoring and Curriculum Development
Location: This position may be posted in any part of Botswana
The position holder will provide guidance to the assigned site mentorship team to apply improvement science methods for improving quality of comprehensive HIV services. In addition the CQI Specialist will work with Technical teams to coach sites in development of CQI strategies following Small Test of Change and PDSA approaches to ensure desired improvement changes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Train and mentor site multi-disciplinary teams to adopt CQI principles in delivery of comprehensive HIV services
- Support Technical Teams to develop functional site CQI Teams in all designated sites
- Guide sites and mentorship teams to develop Performance Dashboard.
- Reviews and use patient level data/information to inform key clinical and management decisions
- Support benchmarking of best practices between diff erent sites
- Act as a content expert and supports the mentorship team in development of remediation interventions following SIMS and other site performance assessment exercises
- Determine needs assessment for quality improvement and oversee its implementation
- Support adoption, spread, and implementation of CQI Guidelines developed at the national level within designated facilities to ensure consistency in clinical standards in order to minimize clinical care variations
- Master’s in Social Sciences, Public Health or MBA with specialization in Healthcare Management preferred
- Prior experience in HIV and AIDS clinical programming, experience as a trainer added advantage
- Familiarity with quality improvement activities/ initiatives in health care or other service or consulting sector
- At least 3 years’ experience in management consulting or coaching for process improvement
- Statistical software experience with verifi able experience in data and information use
Botswana-University of Maryland School of Medicine Health Initiative (BUMMHI)
The University of Maryland Baltimore (UMB) works around the world to enhance capacity of governments and its partner institutions to improve quality of health services through targeted human capital development, systems development, and institutionalization of quality improvement initiatives.
Building on experience in more than 15 countries, UMB in Botswana through the Botswana – University of Maryland School of Medicine Health Initiative (BUMMHI) has received funding from the United States Government’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to support the Ministry of Health (MOH) and its institutions at all levels of the healthcare system to improve quality of services focusing on HIV/AIDS care and treatment including training and Prevention-of-Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT) Option B+ program implementation.
Closing date and application instructions
- All applications should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications should include 3 references that are familiar with applicant’s work experience preferably in the last 5 years. References should include contact information including daytime phone and e-mail address.
- All applications should include a cover letter that details one’s suitability for the job highlighting key functional areas, expected qualifi cations, and experiences.
- Candidates should attach a 3-page CV/Resume that highlights one’s key achievements in areas relevant to the job
- Job related stated qualifications and experience are the basic minimum requirements that each applicant must meet to be considered for interviewing.
- All applicants should include daytime phone contact information.
- Deadline for application is November 04 , 2016 5 PM Botswana Time. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- University of Maryland at Baltimore (UMB) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified persons to apply regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other status variable.