PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Reporting to the Commercial/Procurement Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the management and administration of long and short-term contracts.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Planning and scheduling of all critical contractual obligations for management activities;
- Direct activities concerned with contracts for purchase or sale of equipment, materials, products, or services;
- Examine performance requirements, delivery schedules, and estimate of costs of material, equipment, and production to ensure completeness and accuracy;
- Write memorandums, letters and site instructions with assistance from the Contract Manager;
- Assist with claim evaluations if needed;
- Track and monitor progress on all areas relevant to the contract;
- Update and track claims, letters, quotes, notification registers and contract modifications;
- Assist and guide contractors as and when needed;
- Maintain an audit file which will include all items as per the approved contract file index;
- Perform closing activities of the contract as needed;
- Prepare and disseminate information to the appropriate stakeholders regarding contract status; and
- Analyse and mitigate risk together with the relevant managers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- A Bachelor of Engineering degree or any relevant and related qualification.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing and administering contracts, preferably in a mining and or construction environment;
- Supply chain experience highly recommended;
- Disciplined, works to high standards and has a solid work ethic;
- Ability to work under pressure and is deadline driven; and
- Must be in possession of a valid Class B Driver’s License;