An exciting site based job opportunity for a Contracts Manager with 20 years underground hardrock mechanised mining experience and prior management within the Underground Mining sector.
- Company: A Mining Organisation
- Location: Botswana
- Date Posted: 31/10/2016
- Industry: Mining
- Nationality: Open
- Salary: Neg. depending on exp.
- Assignment: Permanent position
- Ensure the contractor executes the mining work program and that there is a safe, efficient and cost controlled execution of the mine plan by the contractor to the specified contract standards, mining schedules and best practice mining systems
- Performance management from daily operations through to periodic planning and forecasting (weekly, quarterly and annual), cost control, commercial contract management and reporting
- Manage the site establishment of an underground mining contractor, underground equipment specifications and selection, underground construction and project work, timely completion of project development and transition to steady state production mining activities (Open Stoping mining operation)
- Implement a fit for purpose contractor management system and introduce management systems, mining procedures and systems of work to ensure standards and performance are safe, efficient and productive in line with international best practice
- Monitor the contractor performance against established training commitments and skills transfer targets to ensure adherence to the localisation plan for the roles and address any issues of non-performance or non-compliance
- Develop needed skills and training for the site Mine Rescue team and ensure that skills, training and equipment is provided
- Provide support in developing a mining project execution plan and execute an operational readiness program from transition to production
- Integrate and support cross functional mining work streams of Operations, Technical, Geology and Maintenance
- Ensure compliance to applicable Botswana Regulations and Laws
- Improve overall effectiveness by providing guidance in regards to general surface support services and downstream processes
- Provide support in underground site equipment specification and selection and ensure a high reliability and availability working environment
- Engage with key suppliers ensuring required standards and specifications for underground hard rock mines are achieved
- Ensure that all requirements are met and satisfied in relation to Health, Safety and Environmental standards
- Ensure high standards are set and effective work management systems are applied and followed
- 20 years underground hardrock mechanised mining experience ideally with experience as an equipment operator or operational Supervisor/Manager
- Africa mining experience essential
- Must have management experience within the Underground Mining sector and prior experience in major mining jurisdictions
- Must have effectively managed a mining contractor in a underground mechanised mining environment (Sub level open stoping)
- Must have extensive experience in underground mechanised hardrock mining in a leadership/advisory role for a mining contractor and mine owner (Leading and managing greenfields and brownfields underground mining development and construction projects)
- Practical experience with mechanised mining equipment fleet, twin boom Jumbos, Production Drill Rigs, Stope Blasting methods essential
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Visit www(dot)adogreen(dot)com and go to apply directly to our job board (preferred) and view all our available jobs.
Alternatively email your CV to jobs(at)adogreen(dot)com (Subject: Mining Contracts Manager Ref:34879)
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants who do NOT meet the requirements of a specific position applied for, cannot be assured of a personal response, but we will keep your CV on file for future reference.
Powered by Jobs Botswana