POSITION: COORDINATOR, Nhabe Museum
Nhabe Museum is a non-profit making organization with a role to create awareness and promote the heritage of Ngamiland and Okavango with the aim of researching and preserving the histories and lives of the people of region as well as collecting the associated cultural material. The organization also seeks to elevate the creative industries by providing a platform for presenting Arts, Culture and Crafts in the region.
Nhabe Museum is seeking a dynamic individual who will lead the organization to achieve the above mandate as well add new operational strategic to the organization.
1. Cultivates relationships with major stakeholders for the purposes of fundraising, initiating special projects, and handling operations relating to the Museum collection.
2. Plans, coordinates, and directs the operations of the Nhabe Museum as determined by the Nhabe Museum Board of Trustees.
3. Serves as principal advisor to the Nhabe Museum Board of Trustees and public stakeholders.
4. Collaborates with community partners to enhance museum visits experience.
5. Carry out administration duties such as annual report compilation including performance assessment, procurement and other administrative assignments as prescribed by the Nhabe Museum Board of Trustees.
Experience, Education, and Training
A Humanities graduate with Degree from an accredited University or College, with background in the following subjects: Heritage studies, Archaeological studies, Museum Studies, Sociology, Fine Arts and other museum related disciplines. Skills, Studies and/or experience in Project management and Entrepreneurial skills will be added advantage.
Submission deadline: 22 September 2017
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the following email address email@example.com
OR send their application by post to the following address:
Nhabe Museum Private Bag 268, Maun, Botswana
OR Hand delivers the applications at Nhabe Museum office, new mall Maun