• Senior Certificate or equivalent.
• An appropriate Sales, Business or Marketing Management Diploma or qualification.
Training/Career Path/ Work Experience
• Medical Sales Representative
• Territory Management
• Minimum 3 years sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Skills and Competencies
•Industry knowledge, People management, Financial acumen, Planning and orginasation, Strategic Decision making, Results driven and thinking.
• To manage the GSK business in the assigned market(s) ensuring the achievement of set business objectives with major focus on sales tactics and strategies.
• To effectively lead a team with a First line sales manager and 7 medical representatives
• To ensure that GSK standards,procedures and reputation are maintained in your country.
• Set strategy for your markets growth
• Achieve the Country Sales Targets vs Budget/ Target (net sales) and the Trading Profit targets
• Interact with marketing, sales, finance and all support services.
• Operate within an agreed expense budget.
• Implement marketing strategy in line with the business objectives.
• Setting the Operating Budget
• Cross Responsibilities: Marketing, Medical, H.R ,Customer Service, Distribution, Regional stock forecast
• Maximise GSK’s business through persuit of all possible opportunities.
• Develop and manage relationships with all stakeholders (KEE, MoH, Funders, NGOs).
• Manage the expense budget in the market versus agreed targets.
• Drive sales performance
• Monitor and analyse sales performance, in country down to representative level.
• Generate action plans to correct areas of weakness and capitalise on areas of opportunity.
• Reward and recognise good performance and deal efficiently with underperformance.
• Ensure a productive tender process where GSK can tender successfully.
• Maintain the highest standards of sales force effectiveness & commercial excellence.
• Ensure a high standard of territory management, detailing and selling skills in the sales team.
• Coach your team to understand and realise market potential to its full potential.
• Assist your team to optimise the planning and organizing of all relevant sales activities in their area.
•Motivate and support sales team through appropriate reward and recognition programmes.
•Foster open an honest style within the team.
•Ensure that all team members act professionally at all times and set the appropriate example.
•Create and encourage an innovative team climate which results in superior performance.
•Embed a culture of high compliance and ethics
• Identify new business opportunities which will have a positive effect on the Country and the company.
• Use all available data to maximise sales within each area.
• Initiate ideas and concepts that will drive the sales, employer group interactions.
• Create and maintain an effective and dynamic Key customer programme
•Understands GSK policies and procedures
•Drive compliance to the Marketing & Promotional Code by setting the appropriate example.
•Has an indepth knowledge of relevant therapy areas
•Communicates effectively with senior management, peers, marketing and other departments when necessary.
•Always acts as a respected individual with GSK customers and staff.