Proactively canvassing new business opportunities in the Market by packaging and selling financial products/solutions that meet financial needs in the market.
Sales and Service
- Ensure bulk acquisition of new attraction business.
- Provide a mobile primary point of contact to customers by identifying their financial/ transactional needs and recommending bank products as solutions.
- Develop business opportunities by following up/pursuing leads.
- Conduct cold calling and other prospecting techniques in a planned manner focussing on high potential value prospects.
- Identify and follow up on new customers to increase market share.
- Market and provide information on the full range of products to customers to optimise cross-sell.
- Follow up on sales to ensure that customer requirements have been met.
- Clearly understand sales targets set for self and unit.
- Identify and nurture gatekeepers and centre of influence.
- Provide training to corporate scheme administrators (workflow/processing applications)
- Conduct follow-up staff briefings (personal, motor vehicle and home loans)
- Deliver application forms and relevant product material to customers
- Track all business and collate figures on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Build relationships with Consultant Mobile Group Schemes and Accounts Support Officer to ensure good turn-round times and provision of excellent service.
- Network with key stakeholders in the branch network and Business Banking to maximise sales and cross selling opportunities and draw on their expertise in concluding deals
- Credibility with gatekeepers is vital to the successful co ordination and integration of sales attraction activities
- Ensure that group scheme clients are pro-actively serviced in terms of marketing material, product updates and criteria changes.
- Build relationships with Credit department, Branch network, home loans support and VAF to ensure good turn-round times and provision of excellent service.
Legislative & Risk compliance
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s Credit policy and procedures, legislation and Code of Banking.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice
- Track businesses submitted to ensure that accepted turnaround times are met.
- Submit sales report to Group Schemes Manager.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- 3-4 years banking experience, with exposure to sales.
- Business Degree from a recognized university
- Knowledge of sales and service delivery benchmarks and standards.
- Knowledge of the various target markets found in area of operation.
- Finacle/Core Banking exposure
- Valid driver’s licence
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Bank’s Credit/lending policy and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of the personal, home and motor vehicle loans products and processing formalities.
- Thorough knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice and its application in a sales context.