Main purpose of the Job
Interact with customers, telephonically or via mail, to attend to requests and queries, with the objective of understanding the customer needs, identifying and advising on a solution. The incumbent must be aligned to the company’s vision of contributing to customer retention and enhancing the customer experience
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Develop Sales Strategy
- The Customer service assistant attends to all aspects of customer servicing, including account management functions, i.e. loan cool off, outright settlement, cancellations, restructure, refunds, insurance claim and manual receipting.
- When a customer logs a request, the officer must be able to identify which process he/she needs to initiate to resolve the customer’s query or request.
- Will play an active role in upholding customer service standards by responding promptly to customers as per Bayport customer Service policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Escalate customer issues to line manager if not in a position to resolve the query amicably.
- Receive, record and channel queries from all Bayport branches to the relevant departments and ensure they are all resolved within stipulated turnaround times.
- Create timely reports to Head of Customer Service on all customer related issues.
- Play an active role in upholding Bayport’s customer service standards.
Academic Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma in Business Management
- At least 2 years customer service experience in a financial sector/call centre/ or mass market industry.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point) with the ability to grasp skills quickly to work on other platforms
- A solid understanding of the industry, business processes and software to service customers.
Closing date and application instructions
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a comprehensive application complete with curriculum vitae, to email@example.com no later than 30th November 2017.