Company Debswana Diamond Company
Reference # Reference OLDM0000446
Contract Type Permanent/Contract
Salary P 66,043.00 – 92,460.00 Monthly
Location Orapa, Central, Botswana
Debswana Diamond Company – Orapa, Letlhakane and Damtshaa Mines would like to invite
suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position
listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the
demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the
• Analyses the divisional area’s financial needs to develop a budget and ensures sufficient financial resources to meet business needs
• Manages and controls allocated funds and operates within approved parameters
• Develops and manages the Governance & Risk Committee Charter in accordance with International Auditing Standards and submits to the Site Governance & Risk Committee for approval so as to provide the mandate and framework within which the audit committee should function.
• Interprets the Integrated Strategic Business Plan and the economic environment, and develops short, medium and long term audit coverage plans to ensure that assurance and consultancy is focused on key business risk areas.
• Plans and allocates resources in liaison with key stakeholders (internal and external) in line with the approved audit plan.
• Manages the implementation of the approved audit plan taking cognisance of audit cycle stages (planning, execution, reporting and follow-up) to ensure conformance to set standards (qualitative & quantitative).
• Conducts ethics and forensic investigations as and when required
• Provides guidance and advice to management and staff and promotes awareness of ethics, governance, controls and risk management through various forums.
• Develops, manages and enforces audit methodology/framework to ensure compliance with Internal auditing standards and code of ethics.
• Compiles and presents periodic reports on functional and governance processes, risk management and control status to Site Audit Committee.
• Performs peer quality reviews to ensure the quality of audit work conducted conforms to professional standards as and when required.
• Reviews and approves publication of audit reports on the results of audit performed and makes recommendations to management/key stakeholders.
• Initiates, coordinates and manages the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance principles/ requirements in area of responsibility.
• Initiates, monitors and controls short term sectional projects to ensure attainment of desired results.
•Manages subordinate key effectiveness areas by setting, monitoring, and reviewing performance and taking remedial action where necessary.
• Oversees the implementation of the Departmental talent management initiatives by ensuring the right competence and effectiveness of manpower through developing and implementing career localization/succession, training and development plans, recruitment and placement.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of business objectives.
• Manages and coordinates the implementation of safety, health and environmental programme in area of responsibility.
• ACCA, CIMA, or equivalent or Degree or equivalent and CIA
• 8 years post qualifications with at least 5 years at Senior Auditor level
• Fellow member of IIA/ACCA/CIMA/BICA
Job Closing Date: 14/12/2017