Company: Debswana Diamond Company
Reference # Reference OLDM0000444
Salary P 14,010.00 – 22,767.00 Monthly
Location Orapa, Central, Botswana
Debswana Diamond Company – Orapa, Letlhakane and Damtshaa Mines would like to invite
suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position
listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the
demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the
• Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved parameters.
• Draws up yearly, termly and weekly plans of subject matter by consulting the syllabus and deciding on enrichment and extension activities depending on the school requirements.
• Prepares lessons on a daily basis by providing suitable material and teaching aids (audiovisual aids, handouts, books and charts).
• Provides an effective and stimulating environment for education by maintaining teaching area in a neat orderly condition
• Manages all activities in the computer lab/teaching area by arranging the seating of pupils and effective discipline
• Designs appropriate school report system as advised by school management, monitors and ensures smooth running of the school electronic system.
• Maintains equipment by using appropriate maintenance technology to ensure availability and reliability.
• Optimises equipment life cycle by monitoring equipment performance and making corrective recommendations.
• Performs repairs, installations and any work required to set up, align or prepare for operation, all electronic and instrumentation equipment/systems in area of responsibility
• Maintains inventory for school computer laboratory and other school computers.
• Performs other school related duties such as break duty, scholar patrol, extra murals etc.
• Designs greeting cards, invitation cards, certificates and school newsletters
• Coordinates and compiles the school magazine/calendar and runs the school website
• Liaises with IT Department on major maintenance of all lab and school computers
• Implements safety, Health & environment programmes in the area of responsibility taking cognizance of all legal requirements.
• Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
• 2 years post qualification experience in a teaching environment
Job Closing Date: 14/12/2017