Debswana Diamond Company -Technical Services would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
PROJECT PLANNER (X5)
Ref: DCC 0000287
Tenable at Corporate Centre
• Performs Planning, monitoring and control in a project environment for multiple projects simultaneously
• Integrates Planning into the full project controls function in a multi project environment, i.e., integrate Planning with cost control, estimation, project administration, and document control.
• Diploma in related field or Artisan Qualification.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Project Planning environment
• Diploma in Project Management will be an added advantage.
• Project Management Certification in good standing (Costing, Planning, Earned Value Management, Estimating, etc.) in related field will be an added advantage.
• Degree in related field will be an added advantage.
• Advanced training in Microsoft Office applications or equivalent (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Advanced scheduling software (Microsoft Project, including Oracle Primavera P6 or Deltek OPP)
• Performs the following in a project environment for more than one Cat 1/Cat 2 projects or one Cat 3/Cat 4 project:
› Planning, setting-up, and managing Planning as part of the project controls system.
› Planning-related integration between project management work, support work, and technical/specialist work, including inter-technical/specialist work.
› Planning trends-determination, change request control that impacts on time, changes to schedule-baselines, and monitoring & measurement of the associated time-related impacts.
› Project Planning-related governance.
› Project Planning-related reporting.
› Planning-related contractual obligations (e.g., the impact and management of time).
• Ensures transfer of project Planning-data between financial, accounting, planning, and procurement systems; the review of errors arising from such transfers; and coordinating actions to rectify such errors.
• Monitors the effectiveness of Planning standards and procedures, and advises the Senior Specialist-Planning about necessary changes to ensure continuous improvement.
• Manages and controls allocated timing and operates within approved parameters.
• Implements knowledge management principles through application of tools and methodologies to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
• Initiates and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of business objectives.
• Coordinates the safety, health and environmental program in area of responsibility.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply by visiting us on
http://www.debswana.com/careers to register and apply.
Closing Date: 23rd May 2017