Debswana Diamond Company – Technical Services would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self – driven individual to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
CLERK OF WORKS – CIVIL – RE ADVERTISEMENT
Reference: DCC 0000343
Tenable at Orapa, Letlhakane & Damtshaa Mines
To coordinate the provision of a quality control service for development and maintenance of projects by
overseeing contractor’s work and enforcing compliance to pre- set standards and specifications.
– National Craft Certificate/ National Diploma or equivalent.
– Eight (8) years for NCC/ four (4) years for Diploma holders post qualification experience in construction
projects, full time in practice.
– Supervisory Development Program
– Valid Driver’s License
– Proficiency in MS Office suite
– Checking all critical stages to ensure that the quality meets both the specification and the expectation of
the end user.
– Highlighting potential specification and design issues for comments before they affect construction and
– measure and sample building materials to check their quality
– Find defects and suggest ways to fix them.
– Checking for component clashes.
– Reporting any unresolved concerns.
– Coordinates and oversees tasks and resources for the engineering project in development and
maintenance environments as delegated to meet pre-set parameters and ensures that standards and best
practice directives are maintained, taking cognizance of specifications, health, safety, environment and
legal requirements, inter alia:
o Planning projects from initiation to close out, ensuring that time and cost parameters are adhered to
o Monitoring adherence to set standards and specifications (Internal and service providers)
o Enforcing technical and SHE standards in accordance with best practice principles.
o Checking designs prior to going to tender and making recommendations as required to ensure
o Procurement as and when necessary.
o Monitoring progress by carrying out inspections according to set specifications and milestones, taking
remedial action or making recommendations accordingly.
o Carrying out on the job inductions and/or coaching for contractors when necessary.
o Interpreting designs and clarifying details to contractors when necessary.
o Maintains the service level contracts (SLCs) internally and externally according to agreed standards,
time constraints and customer satisfaction levels by;
– Negotiating SLCs with customers and service providers.
– Developing agreements, managing contracts and monitoring performance standards to ensure
continuous service delivery satisfaction from the service providers.
– Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients and service providers for service
delivery, problem resolution and advice.
– Overseeing the evaluation and auditing of customer surveys, developing solutions to SLC problems.
– Making recommendations or taking remedial action as appropriate.
– Attends to all administrative functions of the department.
– Identifies and manages the implementation of adherence to legal and cooperate governance
– Coordinates & manages the Safety, Health and Environment policies and procedures in area of
responsibility as well as compliance to the statutory requirements such as stipulated in the Mines, Works,
Quarries and Machinery Act. (MWQM)
– Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain project
– Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to ensure
achievement of project objectives.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply by visiting us on
http://www.debswana.com/careers to register and apply.
Closing date: 17th March 2018.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.