Debswana Diamond Company – Technical Services would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self – driven individual to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE PRACTITIONER – (RE ADVERTISEMENT)
Tenable at Orapa, Letlhakane & Damtshaa Mines
To provide comprehensive occupational health services to Debswana employees and contractors
– Diploma in General Nursing and Diploma / Degree in Occupational Health Nursing
– Two (2) years post qualification experience in Occupational Health
– Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Botswana
Key Effectiveness Areas:
– Identifies occupational health & NCD’s trends and takes appropriate action and notifies relevant
– Orders occupational health investigations, interprets results and manages accordingly.
– Schedules employees for periodic medical examinations as per the similar exposure group profiles.
– Analyses the results of the examinations and refers employees with medical anomalies to the Occupational Medical Practitioner for further evaluation.
– Conducts workplace health risk assessments liaising with the occupational hygienist and the rehabilitation team.
– Educates clients on occupational health risks and their mitigation.
– Advice clients on managing chronic diseases at the workplace.
– Consults, investigates, diagnoses and prescribes treatment and or refers to relevant professionals when
– Monitors and manages the implementation of the occupational health nursing care quality assurance
– Keeps and maintain all relevant occupational health records as per the standard requirement of the
Occupational Health Policy.
– Educates clients on managing chronic diseases.
– Records use of stock on charge sheets.
– Coordinates and monitors the implementation of safety, health and environmental programs in area of
responsibility taking cognizance of all legal requirements.
– Implements knowledge management principles through application of tools and methodologies to
continuously improve and sustain business performance.
– Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain business
– Establishes and maintains Business Partner relationships with all key stakeholders to facilitate the optimal
functioning of the nursing section.
– Communication skills
– Conceptual skills
– Time management
– Empathy (Hospitality)
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply by visiting us on
http://www.debswana.com/careers to register and apply.
Closing date: 17th March 2018.
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.