Debswana Diamond Company – Technical Services would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
PROJECT ENGINEER – MECHANICAL
Ref: DCC 0000326
Tenable at Corporate Centre
To manage, co-ordinate and oversee overall mechanical designs, infrastructure and system requirements for mining, engineering and processing projects throughout the project lifecycle. The role must ensure that project designs adequately comply with mechanical, statutory, general safety, production, operability and asset management requirements.
– Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
– Seven (7) years post qualification experience including three (3) years in projects environment and two (2) years at middle management.
– Design and Construction experience, proficiency at reading and interpreting plans, specifications, and shop drawings is desired.
– Mining and /or process plant related experience is desired.
– Project management training.
– Computer and MS Office training.
– ERB registration with valid practicing certificate.
– Manages assigned projects at initiation stage by facilitating the development of business cases as per
– Develops project management plans in accordance to standard project management framework to meet the project objectives.
– Plans and forecasts medium to long term project resource requirements.
– Manages the preparation of project cost estimates and cash flows by:
o Breaking down scope into work package structure.
o Reviewing and approving work package estimates and project budget.
o Carrying out risk assessment and contingency requirements.
– Manages the program by executing project management plans (schedule, costs, risk, quality, scope, etc.)
through reviewing and approving internal and external partners’ project management plans.
– Ensures acceptance and acceptability of project deliverables by client by adhering to project deliverable handover process.
– Manages vendor / supplier / outsourced Project Managers.
– Ensures project closure requirements (contracts, administrative) are met and conducts assigned project
management performance reviews e.g. outsourced, in-house and OEM projects).
– Manages the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance principles/requirements in area of responsibility.
– Manages and coordinates the implementation of safety, health, environmental programme and legal
framework in area of responsibility.
– Implements the departmental talent management initiatives by ensuring the right competence and
effectiveness of manpower (capacity building) through developing and implementing career,
localization/succession, training and development plans.
– Manages subordinates’ key effectiveness areas by setting, monitoring and reviewing performance and taking remedial action as necessary.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply by visiting us on
http://www.debswana.com/careers to register and apply.
Closing Date: 15th March 2018.