Debswana Diamond Company – Technical Services would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Ref: DCC 0000309
Tenable at Orapa, Letlhakane and Damtshaa Mines
To design and produce detailed structural, civil, mechanical, electrical and architectural drawings in accordance with codes of practice and draughting standards.
– O’ Levels.
– Higher National Diploma in Draughting and Design Technology or equivalent e.g. N6
– Four (4) years as a draughtsman with relevant experience designing mining and process plants, and structural, mechanical, electrical, C & I and Civil experience preferably in a project design office environment.
– Professional Engineer registration with a valid practicing Certificate.
Pre – Appointment
– Relevant Design/ Drawing training e.g. Advanced Computer Aided Draughting and Design (CADD)
– Valid Driver’s license.
– Prepares relevant information to assist in the preparation of the annual budget for the designated section.
– Carries out basic engineering design related calculations in accordance with engineering codes of practice, safety and environmental standards on request from clients or the Supervisor.
– Produces designs /drawings, plans and layouts using the appropriate Computer Software,
knowledge and techniques as specified by the client.
– Examines each design proposal from external sources for adherence to engineering specifications and standards and recommends improvements where necessary. Checks the completeness, accuracy and integrity of drawings.
– Assesses design requests (Project briefs) and investigates associated technical problems and produces solutions accordingly.
– Attends to all project work by assisting the supervisor in setting up project plans taking cognizance of spares, tools, labour and other resource requirements.
– Maintains the Drawing Office database and filing system by updating revised drawings and archiving plans as appropriate, circulating all revisions of plans/drawings to the relevant Line Managers concerned, receiving, sorting and capturing all drawings on the database or filing them as appropriate and retrieving plans on request.
– Attends to all administrative functions, taking cognizance of the need to create a clear audit trail, by carrying out and observing all associated administrative procedures, maintaining an information management system and compiling reports and statistics as required.
– Evaluates the impact of work changes with the people involved with drawings, fabrication,
supplying to site and updating clients.
– Maintains good relationships with customers and service providers, taking cognizance of the Group Code Of Conduct and customer orientation requirements by; resolving all service problems and queries with suppliers, service providers and internal departments or functions.
– Adheres to all safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in arears of responsibility.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply by visiting us on
http://www.debswana.com/careers to register and apply. Closing Date: 20th October 2017.