Inspired Horizons is a non-governmental, non-profit making youth organisation that aims to change the narrative of academic excellence and promote quality education in Botswana. The organisation’s mandate shares a core interest in line with both Botswana’s Vision 2016 pillar of ‘An educated, informed nation and the Sustainable Development Goal of ‘Quality Education’.
Mission: To actively promote a mindset-change in how society views academic excellence, and encourage the recognition of well-rounded and passionate young leaders.
Vision: To achieve a Botswana that systematically, institutionally and ideationally recognizes a new narrative of academic excellence, worthy of being nurtured and celebrated.
The Development Officer is part of a high-functioning nonprofit dedicated to maintaining the vibrancy, health, and prosperity of Inspired Horizons Association. As part of the team, the Development Officer is responsible for managing a portfolio of institutional and individual donor fundraising activities, including grant writing and reporting, producing Letters of Interest (LOIs), soliciting sponsorships, producing appeals and campaigns, and managing events. The Development Officer is a strong project manager, writer, relationship builder, and strategic thinker who is passionate about IHA’s mission. This position is supported by a strong development team and able to work and learn from seasoned professionals in the nonprofit field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and identify corporations, foundations and government funding opportunities
- Prepare funding proposals for government, corporate and foundation grants, includingcoordinating proposal components with evaluation, programs and finance departments
- Identify new local and national foundation prospects and engage them
- Attend meetings with the Executive Director and liaise with corporate, foundation andgovernment partners and internally with other IHA Departments.
- Lead IHA’s individual donor program, including producing appeals, and leading the groups offundraising volunteer
Submit your CV and a short cover e-mail outlining your suitability for the role: Email: email@example.com
Date: Rolling Basis, so apply as soon as possible.
For more questions get in touch with:
Executive Director: Kennedy Letlhogela; or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.